View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4029206)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah. I hate being negative about new ideas, but it seems daft to be adding yet another class when some of the existing ones seem to be struggling for numbers. Hopefully the cars will, as you say, be eligible for use in the BTRDA Championship as well.

Reading that article, the four names who are confirmed are all existing BMW Mini drivers: shame to see that class losing four names, when it has been one of the most consistent for decent entry numbers in the last few years.
As you say the MINIs seem to be one of the classes where the grids were growing so it's a shame to dilute them (although I guess the new cars will continue to run with the existing MINIs until numbers grow enough for their own grid).

I think I'd be inclined to run the MINIs and Swifts together - they're pretty much the same concept and performance doesn't seem wildly different.

The class that needs some real help with numbers is super national - that always used to be a well supported class with a wide range of cars. They've lost quite a few into the retros and there doesn't seem to be many new cars / drivers coming into the class which is a real shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Given that nothing was mentioned last year, I assume that truck rallycross has been put on hold for now?
I'd totally forgotten about the Truck rallycross I didn't really understand the need for it at the time - even less so now. Hopefully that'll be filed under "seemed like a good idea at the time" and quietly forgotten about.