View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2004, 02:47 (Ref:1107875)   #1
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevron Conundrum

Did anyone else do the quiz that appeared in the V8Supercar TV guide this year? It said in that publication <quote> "Answers and winners names will appear in the 2004 Bathurst Magazine, out early September" <end quote>

So, come early September, the Bathurst mag comes out with the answers in it, but no winners names

They actually put two of the answers (16 and 20) next to the wrong question numbers, but ignoring that, I got all 20 answers right! I thought I would post this on here to see if anyone else got them all right and if they or anyone they know won because Chevron never return my e-mails!

The winners to their Motor Racing Australia quizzes used to be published in the next issue but they stopped doing this a while ago. I am not upset if I don't win, but it is nice to know some lucky person out there actually receives the prizes.

As someone who never misses an issue of MRA, AMC, or the V8 Series and Bathurst previews I can tell you that their actual mags are fantastic but I have always found this side of Chevron a little disappointing.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.