View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2016, 22:49 (Ref:3687285)   #38
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's funny how one's mind works, and what you can remember. Having raced at Snetterton 30 or 40 times during the 60s (as attested by my avatar, passing the phone box opposite the pits), I can clearly recall the Norwich Straight and the Hairpin at the end of it. I can also just about bring back mental pictures of driving through Russell's, but the rest of the track is just a blur.

What I do recall is that it was a friendly track, and I always thoroughly enjoyed racing there; in fact, it was my favourite and it suited my car and my driving. It was where I had a heart-stopping moment on my first racing lap at the circuit, and it was where I had my first overall win. I loved the track.