View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2020, 14:20 (Ref:3959228)   #546
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post

But it does annoy me that they demand we change to electric home heating , at 4 times the cost , when the electric is generated by , [ quick count up ], 20 power stations burning wood , [ biomass] & 70 odd burning coal / oil / gas .
I decided a couple of years back that my 1947 solid fuel Rayburn with a back boiler was getting expensive to run on smokeless coal and of course you have to rake out the ash and make it up a couple of times a day.
As we already had pipework and rads fitted I decided to go "green" and had a state of the art electric thermal storage unit fitted for heating and domestic hot water as there is no mains gas in our area and it meant having a propane or oil tank fitted.
We are prone out in the sticks to a lot of fuel oil thieving and I didn't like the idea of a propane boiler so went electric.
Yes it is bloody expensive if you have it going full blast but works well with absolutely no maintenance at all but I only have it set at about 20c and rev up the wood burner at night to be really cosy.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !