View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2319459)   #38
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Sorry but that is total rubbish.I can give you a long list of women who have won races.
I would not dispute that at all and by all means I'm glad women have. Don't think I don't like women drivers, because I do and encourage it. All I am saying is that men and women have significant physical, mental and hormonal differences and each has their own positive and negatives. In the case of women competing at high level motor racing, their shortcomings count against them making it harder to be successful.

If men and women were exactly the same, tennis, soccer, volleyball, golf, gymnastics, etc. would not be split into separate competitions.

To my knowledge, I do not know of a woman winning a significant motor racing championship anywhere in the world. And I don't see it being likely anytime soon.

I've seen women's telemetry from major open wheel series and they have a hard time being aggressive and consistent over one lap not to mention several and/or in a race. When I mean aggressive I mean hard nosed 10/10ths driving.