View Single Post
Old 8 May 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3244467)   #1545
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
but the late 90s GT1, Corvette LMP1 Evo, LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Pagani Huayra are not really road cars, beyond some are homologated to the street.
I use LaFerrari, Mc Laren P1, Pagani Huayra only as an example of the form what I want for the LMP1. I do not said that this cars have race in LMP1.
Neither I want that the cars have homologation of street for racing in LMP1.
just look at a picture of an Audi r18 and a Porsche 911 GT1 98, and you will see that I have reason. The Porsche 911 GT1 98 is very much nice that R18.
SOME are? Aren't they all? You still don't seem to want to understand the different between pure racing car and a road legal super/track car. 911 EVO is one of my favourite racing cars but it is only a half prototype. Look at the actual LMPs of that era, they already started to have some features of current LMPs, raised noses etc (and of course that one dates back to 1993...).