View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3933072)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I think that F1 is far from the epitome of anything except spending money but others strongly disagree with that. In the past F1 was held up as being the leader in technology for some fairly good reasons and anyone who drove a road car in those times would most probably agree. Now road cars are so far ahead it is daylight in second place. Abiteboul certainly thinks it should be at least in the same place as road cars for some reason.
All I can see from Abiteboul lately concentrates on the PU - and seems to be addressing the question of why does F1 run the PU it currently does?

Sadly, he seems to be giving no solution other than 'spend more on the electric part of the PU'. I'm unsure whether he is adding anything to the dilemma at the moment, aside from just stating that (in his opinion) F1 has focussed on the wrong areas for development.