View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3797368)   #115
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah although they were sort of a one-car last year anyway, since Fuoco was a backmarker apart from a couple rounds late in the year.

I think De Vries is a bit underrated since he got beaten to the Gp3 title in 2016 by Leclerc (in fact only finished 6th in points). But he did win a couple of races and did have speed but had bad race craft; ie. would use the tyres up early, do something stupid to let someone through etc.

He dominated 2014 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 and last year really got the best out of Rapax and Racing Engineering. He's no Charles Leclerc, but he could replicate Gasly I think. Gasly's title wasn't exactly impressive, he nearly got beaten by his rookie team mate.

Re Ghiotto... Yes he could have no money left, I think that's what happened to Evans he couldn't come up with the $3mill+ anymore so had to go with the free drive at Campos. I guess Ghiotto is in the same boat. Except Evans absolutely caned Markelov, whereas Ghiotto kind of couldn't keep up with him when it came to raw speed and passing people. Amazing how Markelov has improved over the years, I wonder where he'll end up this year. I think he must have learned a bit from Evans especially in using as much track as possible, and in passing people.

I sort of find F2 and the drivers changes make it more exciting than F1. F1 is just going be another of Merc domination while Ferrari and RB have to make excuses.