View Single Post
Old 30 May 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2472210)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep,

This was really intended to concentrate on the GTS' which began with that B GT with the "C" chassis. It is very interesting to note that the chassis number which as has been pointed out, was a "B" GT number allegedly ended up as a "C" Sebring car with John Chatham.

Yes, can of worms maybe but it is intriguing because as we know there were some "interesting" things that "comps" did with reg numbers etc.

It doesn't stop there of course and I think if there is an interest the "B" story would also raise a few eyebrows.

Colin did indeed own RMO 699F and I think Terry knows the current owner. What is very interesting is that allegedly the bodies were built surreptitiously and BMC knew nothing about them until the Sebring race when it was too late. It would be good to know how much of the shell was aluminium because I spoke to a metallurgist who told me about the problems of putting ally with steel.