View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3561442)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
There was lots of action, and an unpredicted result, but a great race? No.
I like clean racing and this was anything but.
* Hamilton/Ricciardo
* Hamilton/Bottas
* Maldonado/Perez
* Kvyat/Hamilton
* Ricciardo/Rosberg
* all those drivers getting punished for passing under yellow or SC
* all those drivers punished for speeding under SC

Poor driving standards IMO, so I can't call that a great race.

And what with the officiating?
* If you call a Safety Car and decide to let the lapped cars overtake, then either let them make up the lap - or let them not overtake at all. Just be consistent in the officiating so that is the same every race. This was stupid.
* Why not keep the race under Virtual Safety Car and let the drivers go through the pits like they did now?
Great summary.

Thought the stewards were far too penalty happy, then missed the one Ricciardo should have got for driving into the back of Rosberg, that was a completely avoidable contact! It was Rosberg's corner and all Ricciardo had to do to avoid the contact was back off. Equally Rosberg was ahead when he started closing the gap and moving over for the next corner.

Very entertaining race, certainly kept my attention, gave it an 8, deliberately not over analysing what I saw!