View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3861662)   #1959
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
from the article:

The Straits Times newspaper recently reported that the race would be funded by private backers rather than state assistance.

i really like that part of it...if true that its privately funded i think it has a better chance at success (or at least to be better attended) then the state run farces we have come to expect in recent years.

anyways, just a replacement for Malaysia or will another venue get priced out?
I don't see how it being privately funded is going to mean better attendance. If it were state run, then they would just bus the spectators in. As it's privately funded, those investors are going to want to make their money back and some, with some of the proceeds coming from ticket sales.

They are going to have to be careful, as to how they price them, if they want to attract home grown spectators in a country with no motorports heritage.