Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3990002)   #462
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Italian politics/identity is often cited as a fault but i never understood if this had more to do with just how various countries and/or its citizens view one another...after all Ferrari have been very successful over the years (arguably the most successful team ever), is currently one of the strongest brands in the world, and surely if its a measurement of dysfunctional teams then F1 has had a lot of those.

for sure though, across nations there are differences in managements styles and organizational structures but given Ferrari's history overall, shouldn't this indicate that their approach has worked more often then it has not?
I don't know much about pre 80s Ferrari, but other than the 2 titles in the 1980s, isn't almost every Ferrari title won under non-Italian management? When Todt and Brawn ran the team? There were a couple in 07/08 when McLaren were busy infighting, but it's always struck me as Ferraris best years were when Italians were not running the team?