View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3992981)   #202
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Wow! A very thorough & detailed explanation of the situation, thanks for going to the trouble of doing so
The interesting part to me is that Ciceley hold the IP rights to the A-Class, which means that Laser Tools were not able to develop it.
I can understand that from teams like Dynamics or WSR, who have built their cars. The questions I still have though are:

Why couldn't a.n.other team build an A-Class, and develop it to their specification?
Does the same apply for something like the Hyundai - where now it has been homologated by Excelr8, does that mean they own the IP?
Can IP transfer once a team no longer runs a car - such as the FK2 Civics?
Are Dynamics more willing to accept teams developing their IP (such as BTC), than WSR?