View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3868550)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First two venues the Championship will visit confirmed:

https://www.facebook.com/globalrally...84414511825418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Rallycross Europe Facebook Page
Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) Europe confirms 2019 race events with Montalegre, Portugal and Lydden Hill, UK. Atte Varsta joins as GRC Commercial Director.

MJP Promotions confirms that it has closed agreements with the City of Montalegre, Portugal to host a race event on August 10th and 11th and with Lydden Hill, UK on July 27th and 28th for the 2019 Global Rallycross (GRC) Europe International Series. MJP Promotions is also very pleased to announce that Finland’s experienced motorsport manager Atte Varsta has been signed for the position of GRC Commercial Director. He is responsible for commercial activities such as driver contracts, sponsoring, and partnerships.

Global Rallycross Europe will run 6 race weekends with 11-12 races in 2019 to fight for the title of GRC Europe Series Winner at the Grand Finale in October. GRC will run two racing categories with GRC Titans and GRC Supercars. From 2020 other GRC series from around the globe will participate to crown the Global Rallycross Cup Winner in the Global Finale of the year.

Global Rallycross Europe boss Max J. Pucher: “It is the clearly defined strategy of MJP Promotions to revitalize what has made Rallycross the best driver-focused motorsport and to bring back the drama and action that it used to deliver to its passionate fans. Driving the classic tracks with GRC Europe is one important element of achieving that. I want to thank the people of Montalegre for their unwavering support of Rallycross despite the recent developments. We can’t wait to see ten thousand plus spectators cheering our drivers at the Montalegre circuit in August 2019. Lydden Hill has always been a cornerstone track for GRC in my mind and therefore it is fantastic that we could fit July 27th and 28th into a very tight calendar. We will soon confirm the other 2019 GRC calendar entries. I am also very excited that Atte Varsta has joined our team and will take an important role for our success as GRC Commercial Director.”

Atte Varsta says: ”In recent years Rallycross has become one of the most popular motorsports in the world. In my roles at WorldRX teams I have however seen first-hand the cost explosion. When I heard that GRC Europe had its focus on doing world class Rallycross for less than 20% of WorldRX, I had to go and see what it is all about. And here I am being there when we announce Montalegre in our 2019 calendar! It is just fantastic how far GRC Europe has already advanced in achieving its strategic goals. I know now that GRC will play a major role in this sport. I want to thank Max Pucher for his confidence and trust in me. I’m thrilled to be part of the Global Rallycross Europe organisation.”

Press Contact: press@grc-europe.com
https://lyddenhill.co.uk/