Old 14 Sep 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3135722)   #23
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
all these cars racing that people couldnt identify with didnt help either.
I can certainly identify with a Commodiore that has had 4 inches cut out of it to make it fit a chassis that is the same as the so called Falcons and Nissans have to run. The very same chassis that no one except a V8 Supertaxi team can buy. The same one that bears no resemblance with the road going version from any of the 3 entrant manufacturers.
Group A had its' problems and I think with the right sort of tweaking could be made relevant and sustainable. Have a look around the local car parks and see which manufacturers are represented there.
make it 2wd, no homolgation specials, high homologation numbers, only models that have achieved the required number of sales of a particular model would be allowed to race in that country not cars that have achieved the sales figures somewhere else in the world, etc. Yep, I know that would eliminate my own cars under these rules but we're talking now or in the future.
Bring it on and we might get some interest in a race meeting for the racing and not just because of the after race concert as seems to be the case at times.