View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3786389)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Personally I have nothing but admiration for the competitors on these events; the time/energy and not inconsequential finance they put in following their passion is pretty commendable. By the same token I have the same admiration for club racing in general, far more entertaining than some of the full blown national/international series.
For us it's about going and having fun - we know we're not going to win but we go to put in the best performance we can. It's as much about tinkering with the car and having a laugh with your mates as anything else. There's nothing quite like hooning about in a car that you've got some attachment to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Although I did opt out early this year in attending the Rockingham event because of other commitments, I was still avidly following on social media, thanks for the updates Bert.
You're welcome I bung the updates on as and when I get a chance when we're competing just in case anyone's interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Respect and completely understand the organisers decision. It was our first event out after a (forced) major rebuild. Had a quick throttle body change when she started misfiring but pleased to get it sorted! With results declared on Saturday we finished 1st in class by 47 seconds which was a good result! Back out in the other seat in January...
I didn't realise you'd had a layoff for a while - what forced the rebuild? Have you upgraded the car as part of the rebuild? It's always seemed to be a reliable car from the events I've seen it on. 1st in class by that margin is a great result, you must be chuffed with that.