View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2020, 12:05 (Ref:4018019)   #27
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I find it sad that we have one model series creeping into historics. one of the reasons I don't go to modern race meetings is that nearly all the races are one make. Even the BTCC is effectively that. Watching a variety of types of cars with different characteristics racing is much more interesting.
I think this series is for the rich gentlemen owners rather than the spectators.
As a spectator I agree. One make races at historic events are an unwelcome intrusion and boring to watch however exotic the car. One GT40, like one chocolate eclair, is a treat. Thirty GT 40s, like thirty chocolate eclairs, is not thirty times better but thirty times less interesting. I see one make races as a good chance to wander round the paddock. If we are ever allowed back in.

Mind, I pay £20 for 8 hours entertainment. The competitors pay thousands for an hour or so so my complaint is scarcely relevant

I have no problem with continuation or rebuilt cars but do we really need more Vanwalls and V16 BRMs. Is nothing sacred?