View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3163451)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post

everyone seemed to be looking at is as a basis for restoration and therefore wanted it dirt cheap. The reasoning seemed to be that restoration work is so expensive these days, that for the finished car to actually be worth more than the cost of restoration, then it had to be dirt cheap to start with.

What would you do?
I think you've answered your own question in a way. As I've said before you'll never get your money back if you intend selling for a profit or even to break even. If you are selling the MK2 I'd do nothing to it and let it go for whatever it fetches, I believe you had a reasonable offer or two, by that I mean you wouldn't get what the car stands you in but not a bad price.
Here's another thing to look at, as you have started to burn bridges with racing why not go the whole hog and sell the dtype and keep the Mk2, you could use the proceeds to turn it into a really nice car and apart from your time I doubt it wouldn't cost a serious amount to do. Think about it, what's going to be the better car to drive around in for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
I,ve always wanted a Mk 2 to race. Just how rough is it. Strip out all the good bits, sell them on and make good money for them as spares, and sell me the rolling shell cheaply. When its been modified you can come back into racing by sharing the driving!!!

Simples ............. i told you not to let the licence go.
Graham no doubt after you'd finished converting it the car would be too nice to put near a race track. The licence will only ever be a form and a medical away.