Old 12 Nov 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3330640)   #12
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
With no online racing support and very little track content it is not as good as I had hoped. We are promised more tracks but it is unclear whether we will have to pay again for these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Its a sim with just four tracks... ...people are cheerfully forking out £35 for it!
I cheerfully forked out £29.99. A lot of... inaccuracies floating around! Here is some actual information for anyone yet to make up their mind (from the Assetto Corsa FAQ page).

Quote:
How much Assetto Corsa does cost?

The price of Assetto Corsa for Steam Early Access is 34,99 Eur and includes the early access version, all its updates, plus the final version of the game, without any extra charge. The price of Assetto Corsa at launch will be 44.99 Eur.
Quote:
What is the “Early Access” option ?

The Early Access program allows you to purchase Assetto Corsa some weeks before the final version is released, saving 22% on the release price, getting a beta version of the software and all its updates, that will be released every two weeks since the first launch. Then, when the final version of the game will be available, you will be able to download it without paying any extra charge.
It has been made very clear that the release of AC available now is a beta version. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ife_cycle#Beta)

Anyone choosing to wait for the final release based on the current (admittedly currently low level of) content is... well, they can do what they like, of course. I'm happy to have saved some money on the full version, and I am thoroughly enjoying the sim thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
The actual engine is brilliant...

But, as I say the actual game plays nicely and looks pretty...
Blimey! What more do you need?