View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3741124)   #57
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
He seems to have moulded BMR around himself, more so that he was able to do at 888, plus he brought the deal to Warren, If he leaves then I can't see Subaru and Adrian Flux hanging around.
From my outside perspective the team seem incapable or unwilling of sorting him a car in which to compete. He may have been pivotal in setting things up but he isn't in control and seems to be being left to wither on a vine.

Quote:
Presumably the UK will be getting the new Impreza at some point (most likely in hatch form again) surely that would be a better base for a touring car...
Allegedly still on for later this year, but it seems to be far lower down Subaru UK's to do list than the revised XV crossover. When it does arrive it is a five door hatch of Focus/ Astra proportions on a new platform. Sadly saddled with boxer engines, 4WD and a CVT transmission again, so will not be bothering Ford and VW in the sales charts. Although presumably could be turned into a RWD touring car as per the Leviathan.

Quote:
A Works Kia C'eed or Hyundai i30 would be perfect for him.
A new European manufacturing facility is on their mid term agenda, so who knows...