Thread: 2018 TCR UK
View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3761399)   #162
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Well said. I think there's a certain amount of desire to see TCR UK fail here, which I think is a shame.

If it comes in as a great feeder series for BTCC brilliant, if it challenges BTCC eventually, brilliant.

Competition breeds success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally prefer the TCR cars over NGTC, and ive not been shy in previously sharing my comments over the NGTC car regs.

I think what Gow fears is regulations getting away from his control, that happened with supertouring (after initally founding the regs - to a degree), the FIA got involved, lots of technical waivers and enhancements, series went under. I guess you could argue the same for S2000, although for that, it wasn't Gow's baby, his thing was BTC and he reluctantly adopted the S2000 regs, however the same thing happeend, costs spiraled (because they couldnt control them). At least with only the BTCC running NGTC, he and TOCA can control the regs, which I think is his fear and why he wants to keep the BTCC isolated and seperate from other series, so he can control it.