View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3779676)   #12
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
his reaction to the "does claire come down here?" question was very petulent, whereas claire's response was more considered and she was sad about the situation.
I had the same reaction. But... we are also clearly seeing an edited version of whatever interactions the filmmaker had with the family. So I would take that as the story he was trying to tell. Similar to the editing near the end in which the voice over talked about Frank not going to retire and that he was likely to die at the track (as they showed him falling asleep in the garage... with it looking like someone passing away... just before we woke up again). In fact that one scene was the only one in which I had a negative response. I felt like it was overly dramatic with respect to using that visual with that particular commentary (unnecessary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
what he chooses to ignore is that he was probably given an opportunity to prove himself earlier in his life and didn't do a good enough job, and he either wouldn't see the big picture, or hasn't had the guidance to help him.it.
I know nothing of the family other than what I have read, but what you say is likely very true (in that sense that it is probably something that plays out day after day in family owned businesses). I can't point to a link, but after watching the movie I did some Google searching and thought I saw a comment in an article that said or implied that Jonathan as more reserved (or something like that.) It ultimately was some quality that to me was not advantageous for a leadership role.

I have my own somewhat (but not totally) fractured relationship with a sibling. It's never easy and also sometimes there are real issues that are not easily resolved even if that would result in a fairy tale ending.

Richard