Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 23 May 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3824259)   #2848
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Except they haven't mentioned Ferrari - yet alone cheating.
In the world of Twitter... wouldn't it be called... Subtweeting? Nobody is mentioned by name, but everyone also clearly understands who is specifically being called out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The smoke seen during the Ferrari start-up (which is the connection the journalist makes) is caused by spent oil that has already been expelled from the engine accumulating under the rear light - so no performance gain.
I assume you mean oil that accumulates under the "red light" at the start. Clearly the oil has to come from somewhere. And I expect it doesn't stop somehow working it's way into the engine as soon as the light goes out! I think questions about the Ferrari smoke cloud is fair game.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with Mercedes asking for a clarification. I know nothing about this part of the request, but I find it interesting that the question included the exclusion of two types of oils from the clarification question.

Quote:
With the exception of transformer oils used within ERS cooling circuits, and hydraulic oils used for PU actuators (both of which should have zero consumption in operation)
If I wanted to put on my Tin foil hat, I would ask if the zero consumption of those are by "regulation" or just the fact that nobody expects those oils to be consumed? Who then might be burning hydraulic oil!

Richard