View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3880491)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
For example, the BBC can detect that a user is not within the UK, and blocks the user from using I-player, although some of the subscription VPNs are able to deceive the software.
actually, they don’t if you’re using a uk mobile connection. i’ve just live streamed both bbc and channel 4 through their apps on an ipad with a uk sim card, and i’m currently in france.

answering my own question a bit, the f1tv t&cs say that it depends whether the country you’re visiting is part of the “portability regulation”. which seems to refer to eu countries. if i use the wifi, which uses a french sim card, it appears to be ok with taking payment from a uk based card. but seeing as i don’t have €190 to spend at the moment (#offseasonproblems ) i’ll need to wait to test the theory!

Last edited by bella; 29 Jan 2019 at 19:18.