View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3472891)   #4230
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Look, if I want to watch a race involving LMP1 - and for the most part P2 - cars today, I have to watch these ones as well. There is no other option. And it was just three years ago that I was still here defending this class despite all the issues, I remember Speed-King (?) calling LMGTE the exact same as GT3 and arguing against it, and even in early 2012 I was still somewhat on their side, but I saw the truth.

And no, nobody should have to build new model after every couple of years "just because", but if you have the same basic car for 9 years, that is screaming for not wanting to bother. When they first introduced the car, they didn't run it themselves for 4 seasons but just let it to throwaway privateers until their P1 program collapsed and there was nothing else to grab on except that old car.

If they want specifically to have "Aston Martin Vantage" there for so long and keep the other models in bay, fine, but at least you could do major revamps to the car and not run the same thing for forever. Even a blind man can see that the thing on the racetrack today is the same as in 2008, with some cosmetic mods. And just as in 2008 in FIA GT and LMS, it needs a lot of help to keep up. If it wasn't for that help and ACO had treated that car the same as old Spykers, that car would never be running today. They themselves have said that they need breaks to keep up with the other cars (and apparently keeping up means winning more than them). So if there was a system that didn't award for having no development, might be inclided to something and not just show up and expect others to take care of the performance.