View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3729446)   #2
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year, it appeared as if the changes that ISC have made to the track in recent years have made it virtually impossible for drivers to get a drifting IndyCar back in control before hitting anything. I find this observation to be rather worrying: track owners should make track modifications to lessen the risk of crashing - not vice versa. I know the reason for those changes was to make stock cars go faster around the place and the last thing ISC had on their mind at the time was IndyCar. But if the "Phoenix Grand Prix" is supposed to become a successfull event, this issue must be adressed in some way rather sooner than later - even if it's by IndyCar's aero regulations (which after the test at Phoenix earlier in the season are not going to change from last year) - because a) it's just too dangerous for the drivers if nobody can catch a car and b) it's expensive for the owners.

I'm sorry to be a naysayer but count me out for this race. It's way out of my timezone CET anyway. I'll visit some friends this weekend instead and will only read the race results next week.

Anyway, here's wishing everybody a good, clean and safe racing weekend at Phoenix.

Still, I have another question: is this going to be the last IndyCar race to have the start/finish line on the side of the track opposite to the dogleg?