View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2021, 07:13 (Ref:4045049)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've been a Touring Car fan for a very long time, from the late 70's to current times (with a bit of a dip of interest a couple of years after Group A finished). Gerry Marshall was always my saloon racing hero (and the inspiration for my sign-on name here) but this was more in Special & Production Saloons than the BTCC.
In the Group 1 & Group A era's (which was the heyday in my watching time) people like Andy Rouse, Steve Soper, Win Percy, Dave Brodie & Gordon Spice always shone out.
In more recent times drivers such as Matt Neal, Gordon Shedden, Colin Turkington, Rory Butcher and Ash Sutton shine out for me.
Having said that I go back to my favourite era and pick Andy Rouse who won the championship in different makes of car, he was not ony a brilliant driver, but en exceedingly talented engineer as well.