Old 9 Jan 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2610404)   #8
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

I think you are right about the Sands CC car. It didn't do the whole season, in fact I think it withdrew after the first handful of rounds. Anyone confirm this?
Yes, it disappeared mid-season, and was up for sale for the latter part of the year. Ad says 4 events from new - it was built new for '88, and had a Rouse engine and suspension.

I think it reappeared in '89 as the first JQF/Fina car for Gerrit van Kouwen (before they brought out the "active" car mid-season) and also reappeared in '90 for a handful of outings with Stuart Donnan, before he Thundersaloon-ed it.

Other info for round 1 - Karl Jones was supposed to be there in the Asquith RS500, but a dock strike stopped some wheels arriving, and the team didn't think the car would be competitive on what it had (16s, as Avon tyres wouldn't fit the 17s they had) so they delayed until round 2 at Oulton. Geoff Kimber-Smith didn't have his Corolla ready in time - suspension issues.

Mike O'Brien was planning to debut an updated ex-Brock VL-SS Commodore at round 2.