View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3884382)   #756
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
I'm not assuming leaver = tory etc. but the people who voted to leave seem to follow/support those principles, the point is there is an alternative which seems to be better for the less well off.

Passport/id checks might prevent people crossing borders but it is much more complicated with goods and the scale of goods movements means a lot of checks could be required.

Flying tends to be better checked due to safety worries but there are plenty of other ways of crossing, most of which are far harder to check.
As you wish however I take the opposite view indeed lower taxation is a stimulus for all but it's not easy to explain to people who are cost driven.

As to the reminder of your post you seem to be rather glib about something you find so important thus perhaps by citing some examples where the eU is better for poor people would be good?

Try this: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKBN1EY1EB

But then again:

https://www.politico.eu/article/here...t-euro-crisis/

Since I'm heavily involve with a EU financed project I can tell you the second report is much closer to the actuality. Frankly I want no part of it.