View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3673749)   #253
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Has anybody enjoyed the WEC this year? Not me. Its been disappointing overall. The 2016 LMP1 cars are all ugly to be honest and don't appeal to me at all this year. I enjoyed LMP1 in 2015 far more than this year. The Porsche is bland looking. The 2016 Audi R18 is hideous in every aspect. And I dont even like Toyota going from blue to red.

LMP2 is an Alpine racing blowout as they got one of those super silvers that the gentleman's can't compete with.

GTE is a BIG disapointment. Sort of tired of seeing AF Corse vs Aston Martin all the time. The Aston has always been my least favorite GTE/GTLM car. No real Porsche presence either and the UK-based Fords have really stunk up the joint. The Ganassi team really needs to shake up the driver lineup on the WEC side of things. Hopefully without tampering with the IMSA line up though which has been solid.

For me personally I sort of written off WEC 2016. I just really don't care. And thats ok. IMSA and Blancpain have had plenty of great races and broadcasts to get by on that! Lets hope WEC 2017 is huge improvement over 16 on the issues that I brought up.
I tend to agree with you, alot of things are starting to turn me off motorsport in general, constant bop, politics and spec formulas.

I do wonder if Toyota will ever be able to compete with Audi & Porsche on pure pace until the next set of rule changes.