View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2018, 06:09 (Ref:3812415)   #7
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Agreed. The question is how?
Either another manufacturer steps up to the plate and does an equally good job on both the car and the engine and also the team structure, the last being very important or MB will continue to roll forward as it has been doing. They show no signs of leaving and I think it would be nearly impossible to regulate equivalency so I guess we had better get used to it. It just strikes me as strange the way that everyone expects 2021 to result in MB losing the engine battle when it is obvious that the chance of that happening are fairly remote to say the least. More worrying is that there has been no discussion & recognition that MB will continue to dominate. Ignore it and it might go away??

It could be prevented by not allowing any team racing to be a motor manufacturer but MB, Ferrari, Reno & Honda would walk away. That would be the only way to prevent MB continuing to dominate. I am still wondering why F1 need a bespoke motor but that is a discussion for another thread.