View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2021, 03:25 (Ref:4042599)   #3
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
History of IndyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'll open a new thread for historial articles and discussion.

Curt Cavin interviewed Anita Millican, a mechanic and shock expert that worked with Machinists Union, Bobby Unser and Galles.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2021/03/03-19-Millican
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Indycar has such a rich history, it’s a good place for discussion. I would like to see more interviews like the one with Anita and I would like to see stories of Indycar drivers from the past
Nit-picking as I might be, more accurately, "IndyCar's" (the sanctioning body) history is only a quarter of a century deep.

It is "Indy car racing" (type of cars), on the other hand, that has been around for 116 years.

It is the evolution (and interaction) of the sanctioning bodies......American Automobile Association (AAA), 1905-55; United States Auto Club (USAC)' 1956-95; Championship Auto Racing teams (CART), 1979-2003; Champ Car World Series (CCWS), 2004-2007; Indy RacingLeague (IRL),1996-2010; IndyCar (IC), 2011-present.....that is rich in history......the whole story of Indy car racing.

'Just saying.....

Last edited by jimclark; 24 Mar 2021 at 03:47.

jimclark