Thread: Extreme E 2021
View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4045675)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
I gave it about 3 minutes, and gave up,
Quote:
and the fact it's in Saudi, anyone who watched really ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Err. Ashamed of yourself?

I understand the reasons people think sport should boycott Saudi Arabia (and if I was organising the schedule Saudi would not be on it). I assume that, as ever, money talks. Slightly ironic that a championship with 50% female drivers (I'm assuming that's the highest ration outside of W Series) goes to a country with such a backwards view on women driving.

Quote:
just like FE it is nuanced garbage for people with an agenda,
Whilst I'd agree that all the environmental stuff they're pushing does seem a bit at odds with blasting cars around "fragile environments" it'll be interesting to see if they can point to any positive impact they've had - so in a years time for example what's changed as a result of Extreme E visiting a particular location. I'm assuming they'll have to be able to come up with some to jusitfy the continued existence of the series.