W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I hope you enjoy it!

You will be seeing Silverstone at its best. Decent crowd but not too crowded. Open grandstands so you can see more of the action (all too often the grandstands are all closed, which is a shame). Plenty of food (but expect to think "how much??" each time, though given the weak £ your exchange rate should ameliorate that problem!).

If you do one bit of wandering, try to get to the Maggotts/Becketts series of corners/sweeps. It's very impressive and can only really be appreciated from the stand. The bus goes there from Club.

You are a long way from VIR-levels of pretty though. Silverstone is an almost totally flat business park with about 4 trees. It is far from picturesque!
Well, we are on vacation so I can rationalize spending a bit extra on food. Some of the food options will probably intrigue my wife. The normal fare at a dirt track here in the states consists of hot dogs, fries/chips, burgers and of course deep fried oreos. Not exactly an inspiring menu to say the least.

As far as the track being pretty, it would be hard to top that area of Virginia. We will be spending some time in Scotland on this trip as well and from what I see that may well give Southern VA a run for its money. That said Silverstone is a world renowned track, that is more prestigious than anything we have here in the States. I've been racing virtual laps around it on racing sims and the like since I was a kid. It would be an experience to visit the track on an off day, let alone to see a race there. I'm very excited!