View Single Post
Old 26 May 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1921815)   #22
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringottsdirect
Have you missed out the Gilles Villeneuve anniversary event at Le Marche Bonsecours in old Montreal, June 6th - 9th ?
Thanks for the tip...I didn't know about that exhibit, but it sounds very worthwhile. Here's a link:

Gilles Villeneuve Museum-special exhibit in Montreal
Le Marché Bonsecours in Old-Montreal
June 6th to the 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringottsdirect
How likely is it that good seats ( 2 together ) will be available from the circuit, on Friday morning for say, Stand 12 Section 4,5,6, or Stand 11 Section 1,2,3 ?
Reason for asking only single seats are available through admission.com / ticketmaster. Do they keep seats back like theatres ? May slum it in General Admission otherwise.
If you're just interested in 2 tix together in those sections for Friday's practice, then I would say you could find them easily on the secondary market. Ask around downtown and/or deal with the scalpers or people who have extra tickets outside the track. It's usually not a completely full house for Friday's practice, so even if you get 2 tix that are not right together, you can still probably sit together...though they do check tickets carefully at several points before you get to your seats so you should at least have tickets in the same stand and preferably in the same section.

If you are looking for tickets for the whole weekend and you need 2 together, I would probably buy the best available from the official website (or call and have them held for pickup at the track). You could also deal with the scalpers. I would probably do this each day rather than buying the tickets together for all three days, because the scalpers will demand a premium for tix for 3 days.

My impression is that attendance may be down a little this year. They took away some stands (stands 10 and 3, I think), but the race is still not a complete sellout yet, as it often is by this date. The fact that tickets are still available perhaps indicates a drop in demand. Maybe some fans are choosing to buy tickets for the NASCAR Busch race later in the summer. But Montreal always supports F1 very well, better than many venues on the circuit.

I wouldn't buy general admission tickets, because there are very few good viewing places and they tend to fill up and stay full all day. You would be paying just for the right to go into the circuit and walk around and buy souvenirs and see the F1 babes...you can do that for free on Crescent St. and watch the racing on TV in a bar.

Last edited by BobHWS; 26 May 2007 at 23:01.