View Single Post
Old 29 May 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3542554)   #108
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Formula1.com Canada preview quotes.

Daniel Ricciardo

“The city is awesome. Great places to eat and drink - plus the fact Crescent Street is closed off for a big party is very, very cool. The whole city gets involved in the race and you get the impression that the grand prix is really embraced.”

Romain Grosjean

“As for Montreal itself, it’s a wonderful city to visit. There are obviously a lot of French speakers so it’s like another home race for me, and the fans are so welcoming and knowledgeable. There are also some very good restaurants in Montreal which is always a bonus."

Pastor Maldonado

“Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is amazing and I always enjoy being there. Canada is a great race not only because of the track but because of the people who come to support it. There is a great atmosphere all weekend and the city is quite close to the circuit which means there is a great vibe all round. There is also a lot of history to the Grand Prix and it has been around for a while - it is one of the great GPs during the season."

Federico Gastaldi, Deputy team principal Lotus

“There are a few races which are classics on the calendar, and Montreal is certainly on that list. The Canadian Grand Prix is a part of Formula One’s DNA. Canadians and Montreal have been a real part of the history of Formula One. The city really comes alive for the race weekend, it is a fantastic place to go.”

“I named my first house Gilles’ Blue Ranch which should give you an idea of my enthusiasm for Gilles Villeneuve, who the circuit is named after. He was such a passionate, talented driver, racing in an era very different from today. The whole city has a very special place in my heart, from the architecture, the people, the bars, restaurants and cafes. It’s certainly one place where I wish the race weekend was a lot longer.”

Last edited by BobHWS; 29 May 2015 at 15:05.