View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3123600)   #662
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
To be fair it could have been a lot worse - De Walt TVR 400R lost its mirrors and wing, WTCC Alfa 156 lost mirrors and wing, JGTC Honda NSX lost mirrors, BMW M3 GTR lost wing. They were all on the same shelf (and the only one in reach on tiptoes) so they got 'driven' around on the floor for a while. Fortunately none of the bits went missing so I've been able to repair them - they just need to be displayed with their 'good side' pointing the right way now The fronts of the cabinets now can't be removed without a screwdriver
Love it, good work by Junior there, clearly undecided on a touring car or GT future then and without doubt by you afterwards to repair the stricken vehicles and 'secure the area'!!

My son was 'quite interested' in some big shiny cars in a cabinet and a few smaller ones on a shelf before we moved out. Although I was panic stricken about doing it in case they got damaged or lost in transit, I decided to put them into storage with the rest of our gear whilst we're sorting out the admin nonsence for the new place because it wouldn't have been fair to keep that lot at my folks place!! I hope there hasn't been a fire at the removals place, but then they're still invoicing us so..

I've only got a couple of 1:43 Premium x Capris, the Kyosho Starion and a handful of 1:43 F1's with me to keep me company at my desk until we move. Boo hoo.