View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2706698)   #21
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting debate, I like Chasing Cars suggestion for a class structure, it's fairly similar to the French regs in some respects. Leonidas is right about the need for an entry class, 4WD stock is another possibility but I prefer the French style Div4 if cost effective enough. Not a fan of one make classes but another one to consider is maybe the BMW Mini class proposed a couple of years ago. It seemed cheap as chips, there's a ready supply of the things and they are relevant to motoring today. Still prefer the other two suggestions but thought I'd mention it.

As to Chunder's comment on which class people enjoy the most, my vote would always go with Super National. The Scandinavians have that spot on and the action is superb. On the occasion there are big grids in the British Isles I've never been dispointed. I'm thinking Superprix pre '08 and the racing was pretty good in Nutts Corner recently if you saw it. Also quite impressed with the French Div 3. I think Chasing Cars class structure suggestion would incorporate both of these. I think the key for all classes is keeping them spectacular, the cars interesting looking but affordable at the same time.