View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2706770)   #22
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The classes and Divisions is another topic that we could all put the organisers to rights on! But for me it all went wrong when the ERC Introduced the 1400 cup to be used as step up into the two main Divisions.
Personally I think it should revert back to Supercars Renamed from Div 1 more power alot more restrictions, circuits and saftey has vast Improved since those dark days after all the spectacle of supercars are the looks and the sheer power which I think is obviously lacking,Supernational/Supermodified whatever one the Organisers wish to choose but speciffacly rear wheel drive 2.0 engines! Turbo or Normal but resticted by wieght, tuners now days can extract all sorts of power and rear wheel is always entertaining just ask the Swedes and Norewegians.Each Country with its own championship should have these two main classes as standard allowing whoever to compete in the ERC events the Pinnacle of Rallycross,and then the feeder class if you like could be the one make championships like the Swifts Cup,Logan Cup,Fiesta Cup.Too many different classes countries running different rules has in my oppinion restricted Rallycross for two many years,take all the different options away have Two Main classes the feeder class. Car preparation now days and the skills people have picked up and the sheer proffesionalism of the drivers would provide each country hosting a round of the European series with a large entry of there own "nation" to compete with the regular competitors,and then the one make championships like the Swifts/Logans/Fiestas could be the support class at each ERC round showcasing each countries Feeder class or beginner if you like.