View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2002, 11:29 (Ref:439308)   #25
les beer
Rookie

les beer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to all the comments made following the single seater situation in the south east I have some good news.
Following discussions with the BARC se it is planned to run a race series between Lydden, Silverstone Stowe and possibly Silverstone national, Snetterton and Brands.The latter three circuits will only be used if we have big enough grids.Details are being finalised and as soon as they are confirmed we will make the announcement.But to give you all an idea we are planning a number of classes to include bike engines F/Ford Formula first,upto 2ltr cars and some front engine clubmans cars.Sponsers have been found to support the series.Races are planned to run with a 10 min practice leading to a 10 lap race to select the grid for the 20 lap race as the big one.We are considering running the main race with a reverse grid putting the faster cars to the back and giving the spectators somthing to see.The series will be open to any member of any club holding a national B race licence or above and we intend to appoint a drivers committee to police driving standards and to control the types of car that may enter.Entry fees are expected to be very competitive,practice and both races for the cost of one race.As I stated earlier all the above is subject to confirmation but I would welcome feedback direct to my email or on the forum.