Thread: LE MANS CLASSIC
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2018, 10:08 (Ref:3836262)   #195
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was my first time at the Classic and while I was there ostensibly to work on the Scalextric stand (in an air conditioned area I may smugly add) I do have a few comments:

I loved the cars. And the access my paddock pass gave me. To see that many 917 Porsches was a dream, as was the deCadenet Lola. And all the other stuff...

Racing, I saw only a couple of races but it seemed good to me, the GT40 era (plat4 I think) on Saturday evening was great.

Surprised Chunder that you couldn't find a programme seller, where were you on the circuit? Certainly there was a vendor by each entrance and a couple by the pits.

Only negatives to me where:
Heat. (not anyone's fault...)

Friday grandstands where all free, Saturday you needed a ticket. Not the end of the world, and my pass to work the event probably meant I missed out on being told this!

Expensive. The food! My expenses claim is er, interesting!

But overall, a good event, I'm spoilt at Brands Hatch in that I see nearly the entire lap from my view point so it took some getting used to with the 4-6min laps, but I enjoyed it. And please, make the 90s GT parade a race!

Simon