View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2020, 13:09 (Ref:3958215)   #96
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Even if GT3 isn't double the cost, any cost increase for Gen 3 is unconsciouable - there needs to be a significant DECREASE in running costs moving forward
This seems to me to be the most sensible starting point. Where a series has significant challenges, they're rarely solved by increasing costs.

As an outsider looking in, it always seemed to me that the great strength was in the teams. Yes, Ford v Holden was important, but also people seemed to support Gary Rogers or the Stone Bros or... etc. So effectively they could buy a car and then become the best/most popular/most fun team to run it and generate support that way. A rule book that goes back to that ethos would seem entirely sensible. One that can be modified to accommodate changing motor technology (hybrid/electric/something else) as it comes on stream would also be sensible.

Although it helps when they sound like V8s. Standing at the end of the pitwall at Surfers while 36 of these beasts set off is one of my marshalling highlights, and the noise they made was a fundamental part of that.