View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3835718)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The tickets were bought months in advance, as were things like ferry bookings etc. So realy, what was I suposed to do, look at the forecast last week and cancel? There was limited sun cover anywhere, the trees were largely all gone at Arnage and Mulsanne, and there was no coverage at Porcshe Curves.

On the yellow site we were on there was no food stall selling anything on the insde of Porsche Curves, despite there being thousands of people there, one toilet.

Cmon man, I know you love the bloody place, but some of this is basics.

The event cost me a reasonable amount of money, I found the place as a whole dirty, rather disorganised and rather difficult to navigate around. It's a big event, and the traffic management was very good. I will say that.

To get around i needed something like 5 or 6 different tickets, which is pathetic.

No-one sold programmes anywhere other than the start and finish area, which i had tickets for, but could not park at, without paying for yet more sodding tickets.

As I say, it's for drivers, not fans. I went with an open mind, hoping it was going to be special.

it was about as special as Donington national on a Saturday in April sorry.

The website needs more information, better English which considering a lot of the people there were, needs to be done.

Why shouldn't I be able to buy a ticket for an area, that automatically brings up an alert saying "if you buy this you know you need to buy a car park ticket too yes? "

That is just plain bad sorry.

Plus sides, as I say traffic management was good. People were friendly at the track and in the towns. ferry and routes there was excellent.

GT6, to be honest I had already spent 300 Euros on tickets, camp, parking, spending even more on paddock stuff was just too much, we both simply wanted to go to see racing, and found it rather difficult to understand where to go, what we needed.

I had a ticket for the start and finish area I never used, because I was turned away from one car park, and all the others seemed to need yet another pass on top of the 6 I already had, make that 12 for two of us. One a gent in his 70's.