View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:55 (Ref:4058388)   #247
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I recently bought A Race with Love and Death: The Story of Richard Seaman by Richard Williams and managed to finish reading it this week.

I've always been fascinated by the Richard Seaman character since I saw a Channel 4 Documentary on him in 2004 called Nazi Grand Prix. And I have to say this book is a great read. Plenty of detail into his life and helps clean up some myths about him too. Also makes you realise how, despite the threat of war, how much more camaraderie there was amongst drivers in the 30s. Just a shame it had to end for Seaman when he was at his peak. A case of what might have been.

Anyway, get the book if you can, it's money well spent. Especially if you want to know more about the Grand Prix racing of that era, as it's an era that in my view doesn't quite get the exposure it should get
Thank you for that - you've spurred me on to make the purchase! Been meaning to for a while.