superstock
Rookie

New Zealand
lower hutt
superstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Wow Superstock,

You "feel cheated,ripped, all that stuff" are you referring to the price of admission?

Its certainly sad that a 30 year circuit racing fan feels this way, but being a self confessed 45 year speedway fan, its obvious you came late to circuit racing, and its perhaps understandable that you have lost interest because generally speaking the Genre do not mix especially for so long.

I started in speedway, as a do anything on a midget car team, but soon fell in love with circuit racing, but have never lost an interest in speedway, and generally go to Western Springs several times a season, however, I seldom see very many of the people I reguarly see at Western Springs at Pukekohe or Hampton Downs.

No question The V8 Touring cars have had their up and downs over the last 6 years but the downs started way back in 2008/2009 when sponsorship dried up, and the teams dwindled. Its never going to be like 2005/2006/2007 ever again because that was an era, so we just need to move on and accept that the sport itself has lost the battle to keep the public interest, just as it has around the world.

The new combined V8 Touring Car category needs to be given a chance, and lets face it its the only possible solution left on the table if V8 Touring car racing is going to survive at all, in the public's mind, because at least its televised and has a statisticly good audience following.

By the way your TKR "bit of a pig" comment, could not be further from the truth, poorly maintained, and run, yes for sure, but this car held just about every track record in New Zealand in the hands of Kayne Scott and my team who built and ran the car in the first place. Given a proper rebuild its still well capable of wining its class in the right hands.

thanks mark

thank you for your constructive comments .i have followed your teams
and know your exploits well.
that's why your comments mean a lot to me.
my comments were directed more at what the sport had become
..it was never about money or overwise.
as I have followed the summer series since 1980 and have been to most circuits in NZ including the old baypark

went to all the wellington street races ,

was involved in some of the nzv8s at sponsorship level through companys I was employed at.

that's why I was questioning what had become of something I am/was so passionate about

but hopefully the series prospers again.

I will certainly be at manfeild.