View Single Post
Old 19 May 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3977180)   #4
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In general, my ideas for all three classes is based around a performance triangle, to balance out all cars. The cornerstones of such a triangle would be power, downforce and weight. The logic being that for example a very light car won't have that much horse power and downforce, a very powerful car having lots of weight and not much downforce, while a car with lots of downforce doesn't have that much engine power, while also weighing more. Of course there are other factors to consider, such as engine torque, fuel consumption, drag and so on. The main principle is to simply allow a large variety of cars into each category. With that in mind, let me introduce the World Sportscar Championship

Class 1 -I think the old IMSA GTP formula of equivalency weights can be applied pretty well. It's basically anything goes, though the performance balancing should theoretically avoid manufacturers from going overboard. However, there will be mandatory spec parts, mostly stuff inside the car, such as the suspension or the gearbox.

Class 2 -This will lean on the old GT1 category, before the Porsche 911 GT1 arrived in late '96. It'll mostly be about supercars, modified for road racing.

Class 3 - This one is similar to class 2, only for regular sports cars such as the Porsche 911. However, this one will lean on the beginnings of the GT3 category. Basically the Porsche Cup car will be the base upon which the rest of the class will be rated on.

Round 1 - 12 Hours of Sebring
Round 2 - 1000 Miles of Monza
Round 3 - 1000 KM of Spa
Round 4 - 24 Hours of Le Mans
Round 5 - 1000 KM of Nürburgring GP
Round 6 - 1000 KM of Moscow
Round 7 - 1000 KM of Shanghai
Round 8 - 1000 KM of Suzuka
Round 9 - 1000 Miles of Sao Paulo
Round 10 - 1000 Miles of Adelaide