View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2793290)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When the aero rules are next looked at, I think the possibility of re-introducing some form of ground effects - think first generation GP2 car, not Lotus 79 - should be reconsidered, as should tilting the balance more towards mechanical grip (larger rear wheels and tyres, perhaps). KERS could be a quick fix solution, but it would be less effective if everyone has it. One thought about cars hitting the rev limiter would be to mandate a specific final drive and seventh gear ratio so that they aren't bouncing on the limiter for the last third of the straight.

Part of the problem is that the quality of the circuits has decreased recently, in addition the season was bookended by two of the worst circuits on the calendar. Tilke's circuits generally have one or two good features (I think I'm the only person that likes the opening complex at China), but some factors that negate that. Big stops are useful for creating overtaking, but a break (pardon the pun) from hairpin-long straight-hairpin pattern would be helpful, something like 300R at Fuji was - chicane-opening corner-long straight-big stop.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 19 Nov 2010 at 23:40.