View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3375666)   #289
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprisingly BBC 3 is very popular regardless of whether some people feel it is filled with toilet humour or not. They get enough flack for charging households a license fee, but this carries a burden or a duty to appeal to a wider audience. BBC 3 appeals to younger people and although it makes the oldies cringe, the fact is a fair chunk of license fee payers are of the younger generation too. I certainly watch more hours of BBC 3 programming a month than I do of Formula One, so really BBC 3 is better value for money. I wouldn't want to lose F1 though and it would disastrous for the fans and the sports popularity if it was scrapped. People seem to underestimate how important the BBC's coverage of F1 is in this country and without it, F1 really wouldn't be worth mentioning on the news.

On to Webber again. I don't think he will grimace every time Vettel needs mentioning. He was his team mate for years and knows him pretty well. He also knows on his day he's beaten Seb so he need not lose any face over it. I think Mark will be a great contributor and I'm glad he has continued his relationship with the BBC. Having lost Anderson I feel the coverage has lost a little insight, but with McNish and Webber contributing, its still a very strong team. I'm surprised Sky haven't announced any changes with their line up for 2014.