View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3632587)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Autosport have reported Fred has been given permission to take part in FP1, but will continue to be checked over the weekend.

Shame about Hamilton's penalty, these gearbox penalties do seem a bit harsh, I'd rather have a rule that limited the number of components per weekend
As I wrote in the other thread, it's more than just a shame, it's a travesty. Mercedes claims, and I am sure that the FIA could very easily confirm the matter, that the gearbox suffered some damage due to Bottas hitting his car at turn one in Bahrain.

As the videos clearly show, and Bottas has admitted, the accident was totally his fault. Yet it is Hamilton that is being punished for something that is completely out of his hands, and over which neither he nor the team have any control over. Meanwhile, the perpetrator of the "crime" escapes scot-free.

It's plain wrong!