Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4075943)   #2179
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if you look at the reasons why this season is more interesting then the previous ones I would list the following:

1 Two teams at the top now, with a very tight and fierce battle between their first drivers. (I think the latest aero rules helped here, kudos to the FIA, Liberty).
2 The old king vs the new challenger story
3 Top teams are now also more budget limited which has an continuously increasing impact on the competitiveness of the field. (again kudo's to FIA/Liberty).
4 The field always gets closer after a longer period of stable regulations.

On that last topic, of course one could say why change things again? However the new regulation do try to fix the long standing issue of cars needing able to drive close enough around each other. This is a change that was necessary and we just need to get through it.

I think the FIA and Liberty are on the right path with the regulations. They will just take more time to come to full effect, but the first benefits have already become visible this season.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.